JAKE S.A. is a family owned Spanish company founded in 1976, originally under the name Jose Maria Vicente Bernal formed by the Vicente brothers, which started producing candies in the early 1950s.
In the present day, Jake S.A.’s premises spread over more than 18.000 sq. m. in Molina de Segura (Murcia), where we produce one of the widest candy ranges in Europe, which we distribute throughout the world.
Our various strategies of investment, production and diversification, as well as a careful commercial planning have lead us to a continuous growth which has placed us amongst the most outstanding confectionery companies, resulting in both national and international recognition. Furthermore, our total commitment to innovation, development and above all investigation, means that not only our products improve day by day, but our company is amongst the leaders in such important aspects as hygiene, quality and product presentation, thus achieving our main objective: The total satisfaction of our customers and consumers.
1939: The children of Juan Antonio Vicente Espallardo “JAVE” (first trademark) constitute the company.
1940: The activity begins in the food sector, making fig bread and later meat products and spices.
1950: The company starts manufacturing candy leaving the previous activities.
1970: The manufacture of chewing gum begins.
1972: Production of Lollipops comes next.
1973: The export activity begins.
1975: The facilities are moved from the centre of Molina de Segura to the outskirts, which is the current situation of the company.
1976: Jake S.A. is constituted.
1978: The company exhibits for the 1st time at the international sweet fair ISM in Cologne.
1982: Emilio Vicente is appointed Managing Director of Jake S.A., position he currently maintains.
1983: Promotional bubble gum begins to be produced.
1999: Liquorice is introduced.
2006: Start of Jelly production.
2011: In the fourth quarter of the year, a modernization of the production facilities begins.
2014: Automation of packaging lines.
2017: New manufacturing facilities installed.